November 29, 2009

Closure

Cabaret is all finished. We had the wrap party last night.
I am certainly relieved to have the opportunity to catch up on some much-needed sleep and chocolate eating.
I feel grateful to TP and MS for their patience and flexibility, granting me the freedom to be in that show. I look forward to diving back into work and contributing to the amazing teams of which I am a part.
In the thick of the production I learned not to read into other people's actions so much. My fault of self-centeredness became glaringly obvious to me. I had the chance to practice looking at several situations from a different perspective. I "crisis bonded" with a few good souls. I could have closed and locked a door; but I think I may have left it unlocked, if not open just a crack. This is a tiny town with an even smaller theatre community, after all!
Of course time will tell who, if anyone, might remain a friend now that we have no specific show-related reason to keep in touch. There are some with whom I believe I have little in common. I wish them well on their journey. There are others whose company I may miss.
I'm moving on and feeling optimistic about my possible involvement with A Day in Pompeii and the 2010 Sevens!

No comments:

Post a Comment