December 29, 2009

If I did one thing right in 2009...

Ode to a baby feijoa triumph tree












Oh, feijoa tree, oh feijoa tree -- wait, that can't be right...

Oh, Little Triumph in the ground
I set atop some "Doo"

I felt such joy the day I found
A leafy friend in you.

The way we met I'll ne'er forget
Although I had to leave.

We share a special bond and yet
There's more we could achieve.

I gave you space for branching out
Beside the lovely Bay

And placed your roots with little doubt
That you'll anchor away!

I celebrate your beauty rare
Your leaves of icy green

Your rosy flowers I compare
To Christmas trees' I've seen.

I'll hurry back when West winds blow
So please don't feel distressed,

For in the meantime John and Jo
Will care for you the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment