April 03, 2012

Good Times Ahead

26 January 2012
  I have started meditating.  Apparently, my new hobby has the potential to make me smarter and shrink my worry and fear centre.  Time will tell, I suppose.  In the meantime I enjoy the clarity I have found and the bit of space between thoughts.
  Finally the start date for Philosophy Part 2 has nearly arrived.  I hear this section will focus on happiness.  I'm guessing it might not be so much about the pursuit, though.  I think that pursuing things (sometimes, in certain ways) could be the best way to avoid them.

3 April 2012 (here in New Zealand, anyway)
  Maybe I should go ahead and post this before too much more time passes.
  What a year it's been, so far!  I LOVE my Philosophy class; this term is nearly finished, now.  I remember the few days I managed to meditate with fondness.  How quickly I fell off of that wagon.  Perhaps I can get back on at some point.
  I had an incredible opportunity to work on a movie for 4 fun-filled days.  I had to sign more than one confidentiality agreement; so I'll wait until December (at least) to talk about it further.  I might post the lyrics to the parody of "Man or Muppet" I wrote to thank the lovely and patient make-up artists working with us, though...
  I am very grateful for the chance I've had to teach a preschool music class one day a week as part of my normal shift.  There are so many talented Kiwi artists producing terrific material suitable for starting young children off on the right foot for appreciating the wonderful language/world of music.
  "I like life.  Life likes me.  Life and I very fully agree.  Life is fine; life is good—especially mine, which is just as it should be..."

No comments:

Post a Comment