December 01, 2011

The School of Practical Philosophy

I've just finished up my first ten-session class in the beautiful mansion on the hill in Aro Valley, Wellington.  I participated in weekly two-and-a-half hour discussions on contemplating ways a wise person would approach decision making, finding moments to pause and tune in to the senses, knowing thyself, considering levels of awareness, being present, balancing the different sources of energy in life, acting justly, using reason, considering beauty, exploring unity and seeking truth.  I learned something every time and established a foundation on which to build a more solid (and, I hope, more fun to be around) Anna.  I can't believe I have to wait nearly two months to start the next class!  With the hours I'll have free I guess I could get inspired to find some supportive material at the library in the meantime or begin the long journey back into physical shape.
Sending thoughts of love and peace across cyberspace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment