October 26, 2009

Half the battle (Couplets written in 2001 for Jonno K)



"Love bites, love bleeds
It's bringin' me to my knees

Love lives, love dies
It's no surprise" -- Def Leppard



With a penchant for jocks
she happily grapples

To avoid mental blocks
she hangs out in chapels

A playful paradox
a pair of ducks dapples

She tears open a box
of bright orange apples


My current insecurity grows from what Robert Fulghum beautifully describes as the ability to see two contradictory points of view quite clearly and the lack of ability to figure out whether everything or nothing I do matters. I could be both too young and too old, too good and too mediocre, too well-off and too broke, too happy by myself and too lonely, too intellectual and too creative, too selfless and too selfish. I know I like skating, dancing, singing and blogging; my doing them doesn't seem to hurt anyone. I may have to let that be enough for now. After all, Robert also says it's humor that helps him break through the inertia when he's feeling stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment