April 14, 2010

If I Could Turn Back Time

How faint the tune. I didn't say it was nice; but everybody does it! Every day I'm learning: all my life I've only been pretending. Fools who have no money spend it, get in debt, then try to end it. You bow, and taking off your hat, address him in this form, "O Cat." I have a terrible feeling I've said a dumb thing. Marry the man today and train him subsequently. And all at once I held the earth and sky. People 'round here think I'm crazy; but I don't care. It's time to create, time to grow if you feel right. You can find the joy of innocence, again. Somewhere a glory awaits unseen. Tomorrow belongs to me. I swear I'll do my wifely job; just sit at home -- become a slob! Maybe it's me, but it all seems like lifetimes ago. So what do I say to these faces that I used to know?














He's nothin' but an albatross, no great loss -- double crosser.















We're not keeping score; what's one, more or less? Now there's nobody left, doin' what they oughta. I've got pride; I'm takin' it for a ride. We had some guts and some luck. Every little thing that you write just conceivably might be a thought that you capture while coppin' a wink. A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn. When you pinch me try to pinch me where there's fat.
Took a whole lotta tryin', just to get up that hill.










Look out, here comes Audrey II! There's somethin' wrong with the world today; I don't know what it is. Something's wrong with our eyes. I'm gonna have some fun, that's what I'm gonna do. Oh, it's fun to hunt and shoot a gun or to catch a rabbit on the run, but you'll find it's twice as sportin', goin' courtin'! Well I'm fairly certain, at one time or other, great thinkers all feel this way. You don't have to have a professor's dome not to go for the honey when the bee's at home.

Ah, lyrics. How I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment